Welcome to Behind the Chair, where our incredible team members are nominated by a Tommy Gun’s Original Barbershop co-worker and each month a specific Gunner is chosen to be featured.
Brooke, from our Grande Prairie, Alberta location, started her Tommy Gun’s journey almost seven years ago. She has been nominated for her efficiency at managing the front end and over the years has become well rounded in all aspects of the business.
When Brooke joined the team in 2014, she was still in high school and completing her hair styling program. Upon graduation, she started apprenticing and eventually became a full-time Barber. In 2016 the shop had a fire and was closed for six months, which at that time, Brooke decided to move away for three years. During that time, sadly, Brooke was in a car accident that ended her barbering career.
In the summer of 2019, Brooke returned home and came back on board with Tommy Gun’s, working in Guest Services. As a result of her dedication and leadership, she moved into managing during the COVID re-opening and she is one of Grande Prairie’s most cherished team members.
- WHERE ARE YOU ORIGINALLY FROM?Grande Prairie, Alberta.
- WHAT IS SOMETHING MOST PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?Most people don’t know that I am a huge fan of playing cards, dice, and other games.
- WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE BUCKET LIST ITEMS?First would be to be on Big Brother. Second would be to meet Jillian Harris and third would be to go to Alaska.
- IF YOU WERE TO WIN THE LOTTERY, WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU WOULD DO OR BUY?I would buy a white Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV – aka G-Wagon!
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TG PRODUCT OR BRAND? WHAT IS IS YOU LIKE?I love all Truefitt & Hill products, especially their Sandalwood Shave Cream, which can be purchased at your local Tommy Gun’s.
- DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE VACATION SPOT?I love Haida Gwaii in British Columbia for its calming nature and natural beauty.
- DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN ONE WORD.Welcoming.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY?I remember always being outside and going camping with my family.
- IF YOU COULD HAVE DINNER WITH ANYONE – DEAL OR ALIVE, WHO WOULD IT BE?Hands down, Jillian Harris.
- IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN THE WORLD, WHAT WOULD IT BE?Homeless animals.
- IS THERE SOMETHING YOU ALWAYS FIND YOURSELF SAYING?I have a two year old boy, so I always find myself saying “NO!”.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD?Tacos – soft ones – without the guacamole.