Grooming spray, or hair tonic, is a great way to establish shape, boost volume, and add texture before using other styling products - think of it like seasoning a steak before grilling it. Hair tonics can also add moisture to dry hair and lubricate a dry scalp - helping reduce split ends, breakage and dandruff. Similar to other styling products, hair tonics and grooming sprays can also add different finishes to the hair. For example, sea salt sprays add texture and a more matte finish, like the Reuzel Surf Tonic, while grooming sprays add hydration and a shinier, glossier finish such as the Reuzel Spray Grooming Tonic.
Grooming Spray Does More Than Just Styling
Using a hair tonic/grooming spray is perfect for adding a natural hold to the hair, smoothing out frizz, and adding a bit of control. They also help to hydrate the scalp and give more lasting power to your other hair styling products. One of our favourites at Tommy Gun's is the Reuzel Grooming Tonic.
Who Should Use Grooming Spray
Grooming Sprays and Hair tonics are versatile and can be used on most people no matter what type or thickness of hair you have. Try incorporating a Grooming Spray into your styling routine if you are after any of the following:
- A light, no fuss styling product
- Help with smoothing out frizzy hair
- Dandruff control or help with dry scalp
Why You Should Use Grooming Spray
Grooming Sprays and Hair Tonics do a lot more than just style your hair. They can also aid in common hair care needs such as:
- Adds moisture to dry hair and hydrates dry scalps
- Reduces split ends, breakage and dandruff
- Adds a healthy natural shine to the hair
- Helps hold hair in desired style
Use Grooming Spray in Three Simple Steps
- Although tonics are very liquidly, we still suggest only using a dime-sized amount. Pour it into your palm and then spread over both hands and apply throughout your hair, scalp to root. If your tonic or spray comes out in mist form, hold the bottle about a half arms length distance from the top of your head - 2-3 sprays across your hair will be enough.
- Using a blow dryer after application will help shape your style and add volume before finishing with any other styling products.
- Wear alone or finish with additional styling product to complete your desired look.